Sunday, August 17, 2014

Embossing Paste 3

This is my third attempt at using embossing paste.  I used a Die Namics die to make the stencil and  PTI  phrase play for the sentiment. The dogwood is a die from Susan's Garden. For this card, I tried something different.   I saw someone on You Tube use patching compound  instead of embossing paste so while I was making a mess I thought I would give it a try.  It is a bit thicker and not as smooth as the embossing paste but it took the color about the same.  The biggest difference was the drying time.  Even after drying all night it still had some moisture so I ended up using my heat gun.  I am not sure how it will hold up in comparison with the embossing paste but so far I have not seen any evidence of cracking.  It sure is a lot cheaper.  4oz of embossing paste cost me $9 while 16 oz of the DAP ElastoPatch was under $4.  You can see the video and challenge entries here http://stampwithk.blogspot.com/2014/08/embossing-paste-flower.html


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love all three of these. That technique really intrigued me, and you have executed it perfectly. Messy, but really pretty......great layouts too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three of your embossing paste cards are so beautiful! I have never used that medium yet, but I do like the results you achieved with it.

    ReplyDelete