I will enter this in a few challenges. The MOD Squad Challenge "Frilly Fun", hosted by Joyce Erb, this week was to use two dies. http://modsquadchallenge.blogspot.com/ and the Simon Says Wednesday challenge Bling it On" http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-bling-it-on-2/ JUst Us Girls Trend Week http://justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com/ I used The Fish Net cover plate from MFT, ponsettia die and heirloom ornaments from Spellbinders, the pine branch, chickadees and snowflakes from IO and branch and pine from Dee's Dies and Happy Holidays from Cheery Lynn for a grand total of nine. I also used four stamp sets: Chickadees from IO and Heirloom Ornaments from Gina K, Designs and poinsettia by Justrite, and a snowflake by Inkadinkadoo.
I started the process by creating some marble backgrounds on glossy card stock. I played around and made lots of different colors and using both silver and gold Adirondac mixatives.
The next step was to stamp the heirloom ornament with Versa Mark and emboss using white embossing powder. Since I had my supplies there, I also stamped and embossed my flower on colored card stock.
Next I cut out the ornament using the spellbinder die. As I said, I tried several colors of paper but I liked the pink and the blue best. I put a rhinestone in the center of the ornament.
Next I made a cut out for my poinsettia so I could cut them correctly and cut them with the Spellbinder dies. Each flower has four layers. For me it was easier to do them separately instead of taping all four and just passing it through once. Every time I tried to cut all four at one time one would be a little off the mark. After all layers were cut, I assembled the flower and put a rhinestone in the center.
The next step was to do some other die cutting.
At this point I started the assembly process. First I stamped and embossed a 5X7 white card base with a snowflake stamp and versa mark creating an all over pattern sprinkled it with white embossing powder and heat set. Then I centered the fishnet die cut on the base. I the dipped the pine boughs in some flower soft that I made by rubbing star foam pieces together, and put them on my card centering the flower on top. I used the small pine branches and brown branch dies also dipped in snow to fill in.
Then I popped the ornament under the bough with some pop dots.
Now I started on some finishing touches. I stamped, colored and die cut the chicadees