Thursday, February 25, 2016

Poppy

I have been having trouble making cards I like well enough to post lately so I decided I was going to do some cards for challenges and post them weather I like them of not. I made this with The Cheery Lynn (add a flourish) and Poppy Stamp Challenges(Crazy in Love but do something different) in mind.  I can't remember the last time I made an easel card so that is my something different.  I decided I was going to try clean and simple something also different for me.  I think the time I spent making the flower took away from the simple part and I guess I hate white space because I did not leave much of it so it isn't very clean either.  I shaded the poppy trying to follow Jennifer Mc Quires instructions. See her tutorial here.


Jennifer suggested that we use the picture on the package to help us build the poppy. She cut a circle as a base to build the poppy. I decided to copy the flower and fussy cut it to serve as my base.  the next time I do this I will either copy the image on colored card or color the white flower before I build because I had trouble covering all the white.  


I will enter the following challenges
Cheery Lynn Here
Poppy StampsHere
Simon Says Wednesday Here
Simon Says Work it Wednesdays Florals Here





I used the following Dies
Cheery Lynn
Burlap
Hugs
Hearts from Heart to Heart doily
Poppy Stamps
Large Iceland Poppy
The flourishes are from IO and MFT

 IO Heart Flourish
Memory Box Butterflies.

16 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty card. I really like it! Challenges do challenge us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! That poppy looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why they call it a challenge. It encourages us to create something different. Out of the box for us. This is certainly a new direction for you , but you have done so well. I truly like what you have done here. I love that poppy and the design that you came up with. An easel card is a good way to display it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I am so glad you posted this, it is GORGEOUS! I love his design of yours too! Beautiful easel card, they're quite fun. Your poppies are just fabulous as are all of your fabulous flowers! Oooooh this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first time I saw this I thought "Kathy is moving out of her comfort zone." This is so not YOUR typical card, but I really, really like it. Whatever you did to the poppy, it is beautiful. And I love the burlap die, have never seen it before. This is gorgeous, Kathy, I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That burlap die is from Cheery Lynn. I have used it in different ways lately and love the texture it creates.

      Delete
  6. Your flowers are gorgeous...wonderful elegant card! Thanks for playing along with us at Poppystamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my goodness! This is gorgeous. I love that poppy and all the little details you added. And, I am a fan of more CAS so this really appealed to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same die and yet to use it. I love your card...the netting , the inking ...everything looks fabulous to me. You are too hard on yourself!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, this is absolutely gorgeous, Kathy!! The poppy looks amazing!! It was well worth the effort it took!! The dimension is spectacular!! I love the easel design and all of the details!! You did a fabulous job my friend!! I do love your layered cards but this one is gorgeous as well!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a wonderful card Kathy, I adore your fabulous poppy, beautiful colour and layering..
    Thanks for joining us over on Poppystamps.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, your flowers are just amazing !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely beautiful! I love your flower and all the different dies you used on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your poppy! Thank you for joining in on the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoo Hoo ... congrats on our Top 3 pick at CLD!! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats and well deserved Top 3 at Cheery Lynn! :) Your card is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete