Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Double D Lavender and Lace


This lavender and lace mood board is very feminine and it was fun to make a card using it for inspiration.

                                                  
 I needed several birthday cards this month so while I had my materials handy I made a few cards using basically the same design. I originally made this card for the challenge but I thought it looked  more pink than lavender enough even though the PTI paper is called lavender moon. I embossed the bottom with a Swiss dot embossing folder. I tied a ribbon from lace, added some greenery, a couple of Wild Orchid flowers a sentiment from Sue Wilson and some enamel dots.

                                              
I decided to make another one in lavender and purple card to post on DD Blog.  I used some Gina K card stock in shades of lavender and purple.  I doubled the border on this card using two of the dies from a Sue Wilson set. Frantic Stamper Ivy, Tim Holtz ferns, and some lace from my stash  are the backdrop for a lavender silk flower. the bottom is embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder





The Prize for this Challenge is this beautiful border.
                                                   

My teammates have outdone themselves with this board. Go visit the Double D Blog and the pull out your lavender and lace.




16 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! Both cards are lovely and I thank you again for my one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Kathy and a beautiful design...love all your pretty details and might add a couple dies to my 'wish/need' list..lol.
    Happy birthday and your card (BAD ME) is sitting right here on my desk, I can see it as I write this...it is coming but late, you can blame Tutti Designs as I had 66 cards to make in very few days...lol!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my dear friend! I hope you find a better way to celebrate than at Jury Duty! Now about those cards....OMG gorgeous all over! Both are stunning, with the fabulous flowers and die cuts. I really love that Sue Wilson border die! I always have to bring a note pad wen I visit your blog, just to see what dies I should own! lol Have a HAPPY day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today is your birthday!!!! What a happy and special day it is, hope you do something wonderful! I love your cards, they are fabulous as usual with your beautiful flowers and gorgeous borders. And the Swiss Dots embossing is perfect, I'm going to pin. Thanks for the inspiration!!! Have a great day, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are both gorgeous! Happy Birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to You ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday to You ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸☼ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday Dear Kathy,•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday to You!
    Fabulous and grand cards, in different colors. My favorite is the darker one. They are both splendid with the dies and flowers that are your signature. Beauteous! Hope you are not in jury duty and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Gorgeous cards with the flowers and die cuts!! Happy Birthday to you!! Hope you have a wonderful birthday...enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, Kathy! I really hope you're not at jury duty. Hey, two gorgeous cards today! There seems to be a lot of sway in the term "lavender". Whether lavender, purple, lilac, violet, whatever... it's gorgeous. You make the prettiest flower arrangements in combination with your dies. Love the patterned paper on your first card, too. Ha, I'm getting dizzy going back and forth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy, happy birthday my friend!! Enjoy your day!! Your cards are stunning!! I love the colors of both and the gorgeous flowers and greenery!! They look amazing!! Have an amazing birthday!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY Happy Birthday sweetie ... and many, many more! Your cards are both beautiful! What fabulous inspiration! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy, your card is so pretty and elegant! I love daisies and your flowers and greenery are a perfect focal point over the lace border!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And, a very Happy Birthday to you, Kathy! Hope my card arrived on time!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are exquisite Kathy. Truly beautiful work as usual and my favourite colours. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful pair of cards Kathy. They are quite distinctive even though they have the same layout - it just shows that patterned paper and colours can make such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my this is so beautiful Kathy, a simply gorgeous card and I love all those wonderful embellishments. Happy birthday Kathy. Best wishes for a wonderful year filled with lots of love and joy.

    ReplyDelete