Saturday, May 20, 2017

Sharon's Birthday


I had some time today so I looked at challenges and decided to make a card for the Scrapy Land Challenge Pearls and Lace and the Mod Squad Challenge Flower Frame Sentiment.  I started with a black card and cut and oval from the center using Spellbinders ovals. 


 I covered another piece of card with double sided adheasive and topped it with a Spellbinder's lattice  then poured some mimi pearls prills on top and burnished with my finger.


I topped that with Tutti Designs Rose Frame.  I started the floral arrangement with a Sylvan Sprig from Poppy Stamps and some flowersfrom Wild Orchid  A Frantic Stamper bird with a few pearl buds and a Sue Wilson sentiment finished the card. 


This is a card for a special friend whose favorite color is black. I hope she likes it. I will enter this at Scrapy Land Challenge and at the Mod Squad Challenge Blog  Flower Framed Sentiment. Itis fun to do challenges again. 






11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is stunning, Kathy!! I absolutely love the prills you added!! The dies you used are fabulous and the flowers look amazing!! Your friend will treasure this!! It's spectacular, my friend!! Thank you so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful is that?!?! You are so clever. I love the look of the black die cut card stock and then the addition of all of those little pretty pearly prills. WOW! Clever! Now let's talk about that gorgeous cluster of flowers. That rose is AMAZING! Wow Kathy your have really outdone yourself. Your friend Sharon will LOVE this beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE this card, Kathy!! The design is beautiful, and the flowers and their arrangement are stunning!!!! I followed everything you said as to how you put this fabulous card together, but one thing is missing! What is the scalloped frame you used around the whole card???

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous with all those wonderful dies and the pearls. And, those flowers are just amazing with it as well. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, I saw this in the gallery at Scrapy Land and had to come in for a closer look! Wow, this is gorgeous and such a genius way to use the lattice and prills! Fabulous design and a stunning flower spray! Love this! Thank you for sharing it with us at Scrapy Land for our Pearl and/or Lace challenge. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. It gorgeous! Your flower arrangement is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to wait until I got home from the weekend to make a comment. But here I am first thing this morning, doing just that. What an amazing card, done in black. I think this is a first that I have seen, and so attractive. Wish I had thought of it. Such a beauty and I absolute love the spray of roses. But that is no surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your spray of flowers is amazing! What a striking card...love the black...so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow - those Prills really add so much to this card. That is GENIUS!!! I am loving that black, so rich looking and very elegant. And of course, as always, your flowers are just beautiful. This whole thing is simply stunning and over-the-top creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card - love all the layers! Thanks for taking the challenge with us at the Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh, the black on black is really gorgeous with this and, holy cow, those Prills! Who would have thought? Well, you thought and it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete