Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Double D It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Another amazing mood board from Diane at Double D Challenge Blog.   Darlene and Diane put a lot of thought to prepare this wonderful challenge blog for all of us. The designers love each and everyone of the boards and from the amount of participation we get, many of you are inspired too. I love the red and white combination of this board, but when I saw the big snowflake with the red background I knew what I wanted to do.

                                    


I have gone more CAS with my Christmas cards this year. They are a real challenge for me,but I think I am learning. I used a red glitter paper background on a white card base. The IO snowflake cover plate is so pretty on its own not so not much else is needed. Next, I cut MFT  DieNamics Blueprints  from red glitter paper and white card. I cut the red in half so I could make a border for the top and bottom. The IO sentiment filled that space nicely so I just added a few sequins.


Here is the prize that one random person who plays along with the challenge will win.




With Christmas only 19  days away,  this is a chance to get another Christmas card done. So go get creative and link up your project at Double D Challenge Blog.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful design and gorgeous dies.xx[aNNie]🎄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous sparkle, so festive! Your snowflake background is amazing as is the pretty font on your sentiment. I struggle so much with CAS, you my dear, have mastered it! This is a beauty! Merry Merry....wink, wink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that this mood board is very inspirational. Your card maybe more CAS, but I love the red and white snowflake background. With the sparkly glitter paper and the contrast of color, this one is fabulous. You rocked this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous design using the mood board as inspiration...a wonderful holiday card full of sparkle, I love glitter at holiday time best of all and this one is amazing!! PS:...Happy you love the mood boards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Pretty background and fun sparkle! Love the mood board and hope to come back and play~
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your gorgeous snowflake designed card. Great sparkle too! Maybe I will get some play in. My week is busy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so gorgeous, Kathy!! I love the snowflake background!! Beautiful design!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your beautiful sparkly card! That snowflake overlay is gorgeous and fits your card perfectly!
    We'd love to have you link up to The House That Stamps Built where the current challenge is to use glitter in your creation. You can check it out here: http://www.thehousethatstampsbuilt.com/designers-choice-challenge/dcc126-glitter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Kathy! Your designs are always so inspiring! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty and sparkly Christmas card, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CAS is the way to go with Christmas cards when you're making a lot of them, especially when it comes to mailing, but it doesn't get much prettier than this. Ohhhh, the sparkle this must have when seen up close and personal! Each of your cards is an absolute delight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your take on the Mood Board, your card matches that bottom right photo perfectly. Great use of the dies and I really like the red glitter. Makes the whole card pop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't have a Christmas without sparkle and your beautiful card says it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty and festive Christmas card Kathy. The dies are beautiful and what a wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete