Sunday, July 1, 2018

Dies R Us Anything Goes

Everyone loves an Anything Goes Challenge, and you will find one at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog Just remember that you must use at least one die from a company that DRU carries in their store. I got some new dies from the store that I have been having fun playing with. I really like how this turned out. They also carry distress inks and distress oxide inks and a pretty line pf papers. DRU is becoming a one stop shopping store.



Now I will admit that the lilacs take a bit of time. I cut the from lilac and sponged the edges of each flower. I recently (but after I made my card) saw  a post from Selma Stevenson. She sponged a piece of white card stock in shades of purple and blue for hydrangeas and cut the flowers from that.  I will be using that technique for my next lilac card. After they were all sponged, I glued each petal to the lilac base. I usually work on several at a time so I can let the layers dry. These are the dies I used for this card. 


15 comments:

  1. Oooh I love your wood crate overflowing with your gorgeous flowers. How summery, how perfect! Oh use some Oxide Inks to ink up your paper before die cutting, I bet that could be interesting too! I just placed an order yesterday, my 1st thought was, what would Kathy order? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! So much work involved, I can just picture you sitting in front of the TV sponging all those little bitty flowers. But, my dear, it's just spectacular in every way. And I think the icing on the cake is that beautiful die-cut background. So, so pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You do find the prettiest dies! Love that fruit crate and, ohhh, those lilacs. I can imagine how long it took. Even if you sponged the card stock first it would still take plenty of time to glue on all those little pieces. Gorgeousness like this always takes time, though. Beautiful, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Kathy ... LOVE those flowers ... BEAUTIFUL!!! Happy 4th to you and please stay cool ... going to be a hot one out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! Those lilacs are surely a labor of love...so pretty!! All the flowers are beautiful and the flower frame is very pretty, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, your flowers look really real. Beautiful floral composition :) Well done! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This must have taken forever but it is so gorgeous! Wow! All those pretty little blossoms looks fantastic. The whole design is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, so worth the time!! They're stunning, Kathy!! Wow!! I love all of the flowers and the background!! It's so gorgeous, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. So creative! Your cards are always amazing and I just love all the blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ~ This is gorgeous! What a labor of love sponging color on all those tiny flowers but so worth your effort because this is stunning! Have a Happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's amazing!! You really are the queen of floristry... Those flowers are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! This card is awesome! The flowers look so realistic I can almost smell them! I love lilacs and that background frame is perfect as well. Two more dies for my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Swooning here over seeing those beautiful flowers Kathy. Love the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully created, well worth all the time those flowers took as it is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How could I miss this gorgeous card. Please forgive me. I know that I drooled over it when I saw it. Love the crate with the intricate lilacs falling over it. Maybe Selma's way would be easier, but these are so worth the effort that you put into them. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete