Saturday, September 15, 2018

Show Me Your Number

You may wonder about my colors for this challenge.  I tend to use a lot of purple, blue, and sometime pink on my cards and if I am doing a guy card I usually use kraft or brown, but this card is for my hubby who turns 75 in October. His favorite color is hunter green and being a graduate of Colorado State University he loves their colors green and gold.  He will know this card was made with him in mind.


 I used the following dies from the Dies R Us STORE
Sue Wilson Designs - Frames & Tags Collection - Birthday PartySue Wilson Birthday Party Frame

I cut out the pieces from the die (Happy banner, cake, and presents) and used them to fill my box.Just because a die is hooked together does not mean you have to leave it together.   Hubby loves cake and cupcakes so I also used the small cup cakes from Karen Burniston's Pop Up Cup Cake die set.

Karen Burniston - Dies - BirthdayKaren Burniston Birthdayl I used this on one of the sides



Karen Burniston - Dies - Cupcake Pop-Up
                                                 Karen Burniston C
                                                 up Cake Pop Up 


Karen Burniston - Dies - NumbersKaren Burniston Numbers



Sue Wilson Designs - Shadow Box Collection - CelebrationsSue Wilson Celebrations

I also used some pieces from this die set like the balloons star and party hat and favor to fill my box.  Hope you will join us at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog for this fun challenge.  Don't forget to stop at  the STORE to see what is new. 



14 comments:

  1. What a great card for your hubby! I love that it's a pop up and in his favorite teams colors. He's sure to love it. Happy birthday to you hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a celebration for your Hubby! I hope the day (and everyday) is filled with joy and happiness! LOVE your card in a box, I just made one for one of my Mother's gal pls as she turns 100 in October! Crazy! Love the design of yours and the colors--how perfect! I do love the 'font' of the numbers too! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AWESOME and hubby is going to LOVE it! Especially in his favorite colors! Time sure flies doesn't it! Happy early Birthday to him and thanks for sharing such awesome inspiration! I really need to get busy and make some of these pop up cards! Your's is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! He is going to be SO impressed with this gorgeous card! I love the color combination and since these are his favorite colors, he will too. I've never made a pop up card because they look so complicated but may have to try one now. They are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! How awesome and fun is your creation for your husband's 75th birthday! Happy early birthday to him! He will love it I'm sure! I've never made a pop up card, but would love to try some time! Just fabulous, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulation to you hubby! I think he is going to be amazed. Not by your talent, for he surly knows that you have the talent, but for you thoughtfulness and creative use of color. Classy, sublime and dazzling. P.S This could be for a packer fan too. Tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO festive and fun! I love the way you personalized it just for him too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card for your hubby!! I love the details you added and the dies you used!! It's so amazing!! You customized it so beautifully!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hubby will love it as I am sure he can see all the personal touches you used on it just for him. I think it is an awesome design too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who doesn't love to get a card in a box. You have really outdone yourself here, I find them difficult to do. I'm sure your hubs will love it....and 75? C'mon, NOT possible, right? This is just awesome and so well thought out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh he will love this fabulous box card! It's terrific. My hubby will be 75 on his next birthday... Where did the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathy this is an awesome card that I am sure will be a big hit!! You make me want to do a box card now as it has been awhile...thank you for the inspiration!!
    Diane {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely awesome and an amazing card Kathy. Fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my word, another outstanding creation with so much thought and care put into it. No doubt your husband will be touched and honored. That's quite a milestone. When did this happen? I ask myself all the time.

    ReplyDelete