Friday, April 19, 2019

Memory Box CAS

I had some time to play today so I decided to play in a challenge. I looked at some challenges  and decided on the Memory Box CAS.  I started looking the my stash of dies from Memory Box and believe it or not I found this white panel made with Memory Box Wild Flower die just waiting to be a card.




  The die was cut out of a corner and then  backed the negative with velum. I added a little color to the die cut with copics and then laid it pack in the panel.   I colored the velum on back with shades of red and green. I guess I did not like it at the time because I stuck in the MB envelope, but when I saw it I knew I had my CAS Card made.... well almost. I put the panel  on a black card base and added a sentiment.  The happy is from Karen Burniston and the Birthday Sue Jones.  The darling humming bird is from Poppy Stamps. I added a few sequins for accent. I know a few of you might consider this CAS, but for me it is definately CAS,  I like how it turned out. 



6 comments:

  1. It's so gorgeous, Kathy!! The way you colored the die cut is so stunning!! I love this!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wow! I am glad that you kept this card. This is fabulous and incredible. This will happen to me often, I make a card and don't like it. Set it on the desk and when I look at it next, it is so much better. The magical card fairy changes it somehow. Happy Easter Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. Love the clean and simple design and you have used that die cut perfectly. Awesome how you have placed the colors behind the cut outs, and that sweet little silhouetted humming bird is just fabulous!! I like everything about this creation. Happy Easter, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very gorgeous. I love this card you made. Goes to show some day something that was not right one time will be perfect another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW, it's so incredibly gorgeous! I'm loving CAS so much these days, but seldom manage it. Don't know if I have the wrong stuff for CAS or if it's just me. Probably me. I adore this, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you colored the Vellum, that makes for one pretty die cut! And that die cut is magnificent! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete