Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Double D My Little Unicorn

 

Anything with a Rainbow~Unicorn~Mermaid

Look at this colorful imaginative Mood Board Diane created for us this week.  It has to make you smile. So the challenge is to use a rainbow, unicorn or a mermaid. 


                                          



I took my inspiration from the color of the mermaids tail in the bottom right corner.  This card is definitely out of my wheelhouse, but that is why I love Double D Challenges.  They often push you out of your comfort zone.  I have never before now taken a finished card and spattered it with ink or paint.  I do this with backgrounds frequently,  but never after the card is done. I must say it was fun and I like how it turned out. 

              

We hope you will come and join us for this challenge at Double D Challenge BlogYour designs always inspire us. As usual, the team has some fabulous inspiration for you. 






10 comments:

  1. Breathtaking design, Kathy! Love the color combination and spatter of gold. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Double D has pushed you to success with this beauty! I adore everything about it....EVERY. THING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love this Kathy! The gold splatters are such a fantastic touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully created Kathy, I LOVE how you have spattered the gold, it adds so much sparkle to your unicorn, fabulously created!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! your splatter looks AWESOME and I really love your overall design! WELL DONE my friend! You just keep getting better & better! Thinking of you daily and keeping you & yours in my prayers! HUGS and HAPPY DAY to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great unicorn card and I love the rainbow in the sky! The spatters look great with the design too as well as the colors used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trying to beat the robot thingy today.
    Stunningly gorgeous card and great background. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It maybe out of your wheel house, but you did it. You should be proud as a peacock.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I like how it turned out, too! I don't think I've ever splattered a die cut card before, but adding it to my list. That's a very pretty unicorn die you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, the splatters are wonderful, the perfect final touch. Lucky you to have a unicorn die. I love what you have done here with the clouds and the die cuts. This is a wonderful card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete