Saturday, March 8, 2014

Hydrangea

This card is for a Timeless Tuesday Challenge at Flourishes MASKuerade!
  . http://flourishes.org/2014/03/timeless-tuesday-261-maskuerade/.  The challenge is to use some kind of mask in your stamping. I stamped the hydrangea on white card stock, and then stamped it again on some scrap paper. I cut around the flower and taped it over the image on the card stock.  I inked the "Honeycomb" stamp from Flourishes in cantaloupe ink and stamped over the image. I removed the mask and then  colored the butterfly and the hydrangea with Spectrum Noir markers.  I used a Spellbinders die to cut out the image then inked the edges in cantaloupe, pear tart, and bahama blue.  I mounted it on black, lilac and then placed it on a on light yellow card base. I wanted something in the corner so I decided to place a sentiment from Gina K Designs "One in a Million" on a leaf and then some rhinestones on the other corners.I will also enter this in the Mod Squad challenge Spring Palette Challenge
http://modsquadchallenge.blogspot.com/



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful collage card Kathy! Perfectly Spring and lovely colors from the palette! Thanks so much for playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, this is beautiful! I love the mix of inks you used and you did a fab job with the mask. Thanks so much for joining us in this week's Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Kathy! Great masking of your hydrangea! Beautifully coloured too. Thanks for joining us for our "Timeless Tuesday Challenge" this week at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete