Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Stephanie's Card

I started with a 4x5 1/2 piece of card.  I used a mask to create the sun then used the negative of that mask to cover the sun while I sponged the sky.  Post it notes helped me to create the horizon line where the sky and sea meet.  Next I used a stamp set from Flourishes(no longer in business) to stamp the palm trees, clouds and boat.  Colored them with colored pencils the sponged some sand on the bottom.  Next I cut a Lucy Label from Karen Burniston.  I used it as a template so I could cut my sponged and stamped panel so that it would fit over the pop up parts. After the top piece was in place I sponged the bottom panel to look like sand.  I used toothpicks on the IO umbrellas and secured them to the back of the label,  The table and chairs is a sticker from Jolee.  You can't see them in the picture but there are some IO sand castles behind the table. I finished the bottom with a Happy Birthday from Cheery Lynn and another stamp from flourishes and some IO flip flops. The front of the card was done awhile back for another challenge. I won't lie this card took about three hours to do, but I like how it came out.



I will enter the following Challenges   Dies R Us  Summer Fun Here
Cheery Lynn Summer Fun Here
Simon Says Wednesday Anything Goes Here
Simon Says Work it Wednesdays  Die-cuts Here

Front of Card  (I did this knowing that I wanted a beach themed  pop up card for the inside.)


14 comments:

  1. This is awesome and a spot I'd love to be sitting in right now! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘SUMMERTIME FUN’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pop up card! Feeling the sand! Thanks for joining us this week with Cheery Lynn Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, it's absolutely amazing!! I love both the inside and out!! The details are perfect!! And gorgeous colors, too!! I just adore this...makes me want to be at the beach right now!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am beyond impressed. It's GORGEOUS on the front and then POP! explosion of awesomeness!! So summery and fun and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pop up card Kathy! I love the scenes you've created inside & out.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly a masterpiece. It only took you three hours to do? There is so much stuff going on here. I could sit in that lawn chair and look for hours. You have created an amazing scene on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this card!!! Okay this just needs to be said, we're ALL thinking it.....You make the BEST cards! Period!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic summer scene. So inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful. Great scene! Thanks so much for joining in the Summer Fun Challenge this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can almost feel the sand on my toes! Thanks so much for joining us at dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty summer scene, a stunning card. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, this card looks so labor intensive, but well worth all the work. It's just beautiful. I am so in awe of how you put all those dies together, every single time!! You are such an inspiration to me....thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great summer card, wish I were there on that beach! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing - both front and inside!! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete