Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Double D Challenge Blog Pastels

                                         
I am so excited that Judy Woodland is joining our team at DD. Judy and I have been been
on-line friends for several years.  We share thought, ideas and techniques. You will love her work.

I know all of you agree with me that Darlene and Diane create the most fabulous mood boards,and this one is no exception.   I love pastel colors and was drawn to the rolls of  material in the soft colors.  One of the things I enjoy most about being on this team is that I tend to use dies and stamps that need some love. I remembered a MFT  die that I have not used in ages. It worked well to imitate the rolls of material.



              

                                                      


Here is my card. I die cut the MFT cover plate several times in different colors of PTI papers.  I now have enough parts to make several cards.




The side panel is a Frantic Stamper die that I embossed with Swiss Dots embossing folder. Some Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blossoms and Sue Wilson Dandelion Cocks and assorted pastel leaves finished the project.


Visit the DD Challenge  for inspiration from the team and then create your pastel project. One randomly drawn entry will win this fabulous flower die. YOU inspire us!!





As usual the team will WOW you with their creative pastel cards. Go take a look at all their gorgeous pastel cards at Double D Challenge Blog

16 comments:

  1. You are going to get a lot of comments on this card. I personally think it is one of your best. Love the side panel, it looks like a summer curtain pulled back by the cluster of beautifully created flowers, to reveal the pastel panel. I love everything about it. Congrats to Judy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kathy this is is just so, so pretty! LOVE your design and your flowers are perfect! Fabulous inspiration to all ... that's for sure! Well done my friend ... HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful, Kathy! The honeycomb design looks awesome with the embossing and different colors added. And, I love your flowers! They are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous, Kathy!! I love the design...so creative!! The papers are beautiful!! And the flower looks amazing!! Wow!! Love, love it, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is such a pretty mood board, I could cry that I didn't get a card made. Too many cards I need for specific people and occasions and only so much time to stamp! You, however created something pretty and perfect, and now you've given me another idea for my chicken wire die. Those pastel flowers are so pretty and I adore the dandelion cocks and the sage leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I hate it when I don't have time to participate in one of these challenges. The boards are all so beautiful. Since I don't color well,these flowers are perfect for me. Glad I gave you an idea for something you already have instead of something you have to buy.

      Delete
  6. This is a fantastic and beautiful card. I love the hexagon background which shows off those flowers so well. I have been so busy that I just am way behind in doing challenges. So I don't know if I will be joining in or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another stunning and beautiful card Kathy. You always make the most amazing cards with your floral displays. We all have our different talents and I can't colour either and you show us your style in flowers. Aren't you lucky to have Judy on your team. I am lucky I get to see her talents weekly. She will certainly be an asset at DD.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Kathy, love the gorgeous blooms and dies used.xx.♥
    [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh so pretty! I love the way you inlaid the die cuts, makes for a beautiful quilt--great choice of Designer Papers! And that other die, like a curtain is being pulled back, that is amazing! And of course YOUR signature gorgeous flowers. What a beautiful cluster, perfect colors and perfect design! STUNNING (as usual!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a lots of work but certainly worth the effort as it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to agree with Barb, this is one of your best. So much fun to inlay all those sweet patterned papers, and you have done it perfectly. It can be a bit of a challenge to make it look just right. I have that die and am inspired to pull it out again. Your flowers are gorgeous, and I love how you have created that border on top of the inlaid die. This is simply beautiful....I'm pinning!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous card design! I love the pretty, soft colors and the honeycomb background is fabulous! The flowers are spectacular! LOVE this!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful! I love that hexagon background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my this is so beautiful Kathy, a simply gorgeous card and I love all those wonderful embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is breath taking, so GORGEOUS Kathy..WOW, I loved it as soon as I saw it, totally beautiful!! Glad you like the boards, they are fun to make, working on the 2018 ones now, it will be here before we know it...yikes!

    ReplyDelete