Sunday, April 26, 2015

Spring Breezes

When I think of spring I am reminded of lovely afternoons and evenings spent at Whiskytown Lake in Northern California.  We loved our pontoon boat because we wanted to relax not work and besides we had no sailing experience; however, we enjoyed watching the numerous sailboats on the lake  pitch and yaw. I also loved the sketch at Cardabilites so much I decided to take it out for a third spin!  This time I made a more masculine card using some scraps from other projects. I used the  Marina Sailboat die by Poppy Stamps for this card and some MFT nautical dies. I also used a Spellbinders fir die(I thought it looked like sea weed and the IO hydrangea to look like sea grass.   I will enter this at the Poppy Stamps Challenge Here . and Cardabilities Here


         
                                                                                                         

10 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! The sailboat is awesome but I really am enjoying the layering of the anchor and wheel and all that 'seaweed' that looks fabulous! This is really GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic sailboat card Kathy! love the layout, great colours and details.
    Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful masculine card with all the nautical touches and I love your creative thinking to adapt "regular" dies to your theme. Thanks so much for joining us at Poppystamps this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing they way that you have used this sketch 3 times and made it look different. This masculine take is wonderful. Love how you arrange the dies in the design to look like sea weed and the focal image is right on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Kathy, this is stunning. I love how you always use flourishes and other bits for embellishment - very effective. Love your colors and background too - this is just amazing! You never disappoint me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great masculine card! I love all the dies you used. Love your sea weed and sea grass, too; VERY creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card design. You always amaze me as you seem to know exactly what the right dies are needed to use on a card. This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the nautical theme!
    Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities!
    Lilian
    http://theleafstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I love the boat scene and all the pretty embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous and you make me want to be on a boat right now!

    ReplyDelete