Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Mod Squad Create Your Own Background


I am hosting with the seriously talented Barb Campbell at the Mod Squad Challenge Blog  this week and she challenged me to make a background. I am also representing One Happy Cut where you will find dies from a lot of different companies at a great price, and their shipping is extremely reasonable  The prize is a $15 dollar gift certificate to their store. Here is the card I did for the challenge. 
                                          


 I love texture and dimension in a card so I decided I wanted to use some molding paste(you know the supply you had to have but have not used) to create my background.  It was so fun to work with and it creates both texture and dimension. I started with a Tim Holtz die and cut out a section of an 4 x5.25 card.  Many die cuts can be used as a stencil also. For this card, I cut a Die-Versions Whispers bricks background and used it as a stencil to apply molding paste.



To get more texture I taped some tulle to a piece of card and placed it behind the Tim Holtz pattern.  

If you look closely, you can see a little bit of tulle underneath the Tim Holtz die and in the flower arrangement of Susan's Garden's Dogwoods.


 I cut a Sue Wilson's  Canadian Collection Montreal in kraft card it  in half and glued them together to get more dimension and put them on top of the brick pattern. 
Sue Wilson Designs - Canadian Collection - Montreal

Frantic stampers fern die is used at the top and bottom of my floral arrangement of Susan's Gardens dogwoods and Wild Iris flowers.
Frantic Stamper - Dies - Fern

I put that on a piece of grass green card stock and added a few Memory Box butterflies and I was done. 
                                 


.



9 comments:

  1. Love how you showed how you made this card. It is a breath of Spring card. I really need to kick it up a notch. Love the texture that you got, and I do have a jar of texture paste that I have not opened yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, Kathy, this is stunning!! I love how you created the background!! The texture is amazing!! The flowers are so beautiful!! I love this!! Gorgeous card my friend!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the texture of the background you created! Beautiful Card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so gorgeous. I love the dies you used for a background. Beautiful flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fantastic card! I have that Multi Media die set and love it. You have used it so well here. And I had to laugh when you commented about having to have the molding paste but never using it. I have 3 jars in my cupboard just waiting to be opened. You have inspired me here, I might have to break the seal and use it. LOVE your dogwood blossoms, and the way you put the whole thing on a diagonal. That is GENIUS!!! Which is what you are!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOWZA! This is over the top GORGEOUS! I love your die cut backgrounds and that paste (must open mine...why the heck does Judy have 3???) lol Your dogwood flowers are FANTASTIC! I think they are the most beautiful ones I have ever seen! GORGEOUS! Yup, you are a creative genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!! This is stunning!! I love the background and those dogwoods are fabulous (plus they're my favorite flower).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is filled with amazing detail, all ending up gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely STUNNING! So many gorgeous elements here all amazingly beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete