Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Double D Rick Rac/ Zig Zag

New Mood Board and New Challenge over at Double D Challenge Blog and as usual we have a wonderful mood board. I liked the soft pastel colors mixed with white so I used that for my inspiration.                    

                                 

    I love it when I see a mood board that allows me to use something I have not used for awhile.   I pulled out My Favorite Things Chevron Cover Plate for this challenge. I cut it four times so I would have a variety of colors and patterns.
                                



My fabulous PTI papers were perfect for this design.    I had lavender moon, spring rain, and harvest gold paper packs. I enjoy these papers so much that I had several others on my wish list so can you imagine my happy dance when they put them on sale for their anniversary (marked down from $12 to $ 1). I got every color on my wish list.  since I cut it four times I saved the parts I did not use so I can make three more cards. I used PTI Wet Paint 2 for the sentiment and added one of my homemade flowers and some greenery. This pattern would make a cute baby card.

Out team is always so impressed with your entries in the challenges. There are so many talented designers and we are glad the mood boards inspire you. Here is the prize for this challenge.
                                                          

 I can't wait to see what you all come up with. Visit the  Double D Challenge Blog  to see details and find more inspiration from the team.

                   

9 comments:

  1. I was excited when I saw this mood board and your card. All of the happy spring colors that you used in a zig zag background as very refreshing and LOVE the addition of the spring daisy. This card put a smile on my face. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card with all your Spring colors, and love that die...I might have to have it..lol...I might be headed to a scrapbook store on Friday that carries lots of MFT dies...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had double duty today! This is a perfect background, love that zig zag cover plate! Pretty colors, reminds me of a warm cozy quilt! And your pretty flower and greenery really put the HAPPY in this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just AWESOME Kathy! LOVE your design and how nice that you were able to pull that beautiful die out to play with again! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, Kathy! The chevron plate looks great as an inlaid design of all the colors. I really need to add this to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous, Kathy!! I love how you inlaid the different papers!! The background looks amazing!! What a beautiful card this is!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy amazing card, love the papers...xx{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely Kathy... I love your choice of colour and papers, such a clever match to the tile board ... Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just had to take a closer look at your die cut background. So pretty with all those different papers! And what a deal you got! Wow! I also love the twiggy accent to go with your flower. This makes a very cheerful and fun birthday card!

    ReplyDelete