Friday, September 1, 2017

Dies R Us Die Cut Handmade Flowers


It's time for a new challenge at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. It's about creating die cut flowers which is one of my favorite things to do. I made this card for the birthday of a special friend of mine, Judy Woodland. She has already gotten it so I will not be spoiling her surprise.
                             

 I began by cutting an oval out of a 5 1/2 by 4 1/4  piece of white card stock. I layered another piece of card stock with double sided adhesive and put a Spellbinder's lattice die cut on top. Then  I poured on some lavender prills and burnished with my fingers. The oval was placed over the lattice and prills and topped with a Memory Box butterfly frame. I sponged it with some distress ink while it was still in the die. I framed the card using the Lawn Fawn stitched rectangles. I used the Cheery Lynn Floral and Frantic Stamper Calla Lily for for my hand made die cut flowers.  I cut them in white and then sponged them with distress ink. A little shaping and some prills finished the flowers. I added a birthday sentiment to the Cheery Lynn Banner. 














As always the design team at  Cheery Lynn Challenge Blog has some awesome inspiration  for you. 


                                                 


                Click below for:
           STORE 
           CHALLENGE BLOG
          FACEBOOK
             INSPIRATION BLOG














12 comments:

  1. Kathy your cards are always so gorgeous and this one is no exception..WOW a stunner for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, this challenge was made for you! You are the queen of dies cut flowers and you did it again here. I love the lilac color of these flowers and the design is so you. I am sure that Judy has cherished this beautiful birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, there it is, my beautiful, special card. I love it so much and will cherish it always. Love the purple flowers (my color) and that background is so stinkin' cool. It's even prettier in real life!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this card is gorgeous Kathy! And purple is my absolute favorite color so you made me smile really big this morning! Thank you :)
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥
    ♥ Please Donate to the Hurricane Harvey Relief Campaign♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep I'm in the 'I love purple' club too lol! This is SO SO pretty Kathy and I'm sure Judy LOVED receiving it! You are always an inspiration ... thanks! Happy holiday weekend! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous and I love the butterfly frame. And, fabulous colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card! Love all the pretty purple flowers and butterflies! Wonderful dies and design, so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew you'd have something just gorgeous for this challenge! LOVE the Cheery Lynn flower set and most of all I LOVE the way you used the Prills. I do have Prills in two colors and I MUST remember this. You're always inspiring me. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is so stunning!! I love how you've used the prills!! The layers and details are amazing!! Gorgeous card, my friend!! I love it!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is JUDY all over! You have captured her beautiful essence in a card--but you always manage to do that! I love the layers, of course, and your choice of dies--always picking out just the right ones! The colors are wonderful and your flowers, oh my always your flowers! You paper garden like no other I know! Lovely! xo~ Oh and it tickled me so to read that you did NOT own that die that Barb used lol I thought you had every die under the sun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another stunning flower card! The design and colors are beautiful. I especially like how you did the background..I have never used prills. I guess I better check that out!I bet she LOVED getting this card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pick me up off the floor Kathy. You have knocked me with this most beautiful card. Seems a LOT of us LOVE PURPLE! Everything you have added to this card is so purpleeee perfect. Of course those flowers are to die for - well really the whole card is out of this world gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete