Sunday, October 15, 2017

Dies R Us Leaves



The challenge this week at Dies R Us Challenge Blog is all about leaves. Sometimes when I look at my designs, I feel like I am in a rut....doing the same card in different colors. I love the shape of the oval and when I look at my cards, I recognize how often I use one somewhere on my card so I decided no ovals on this card. Almost all my cards have flowers and or butterflies and lots of layers. I decided to take some inspiration from my team mate, LAURIE, who knows how to layer die cuts and still be CAS.  I  admired Laurie's designs long  before we were on a team together so I was thrilled to join the DRU Challenge Blog Team when she did.  CAS is soooo difficult  for me, but for this card I decided to challenge myself and create a CAS card with no butterflies, flowers, or ovals. I did, however, use a lot of embossing powder on  the leaves, the sentiment, the background dots, and the mat.



 The team has lots of leaf inspiration for you at  Dies R Us Challenge Blog, and don't forget one random entry will be selected for a Dies R Us  gift certificate so create your leafy design and join us. YOU inspire us.



I used the following dies on my card.

Impression Obsession - Dies - Pine BranchIO pine branch



     Impression Obsession - Dies - Thoughts   IO Thoughts and matching stamps


                                         

Cheery Lynn Designs - Dimensional Dies - Small Leaves 2  Cheery Lynn Leaves









                                                




Click below for:

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Kathy and beautiful layering of the dies. Funny but I love all your cards but never once did I think 'gee, she sure uses lots of ovals'..lol...I have always just admired them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done well with the challenge to yourself. And by the way, ALL your cards are beautiful. We all have our signature look, but that doesn't mean our cards are boring. We just have our own style, and yours is flowers, layers and ovals. They are all stunning, but I know what you mean. I, too, feel like I'm in a rut at times. Anyway, this card is gorgeous, I love the background, and the focal has been placed perfectly. This creations is beautiful, just like all your others!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is FABULOUS Kathy! I too struggle with CAS design but you did an awesome job here today! Absolutely beautiful leaves and overall design! Great inspiration ... thanks! (and NO your cards are by no means boring! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you layered your dies Kathy...such an elegant card!The gold is beautiful. Thanks for liking my cards..I have always liked yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so stunning!! I absolutely love the design!! It's so elegant and gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely nailed the CAS look with great elegance. I just love your pretty design and everything looks so wonderful together. I love all the embossing too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous fall card!! Love the color and text on the leaves! Awesome design! It's perfect...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! Whether with lots of layers or CAS, ovals or no ovals (which I never thought about either lol) your cards are always beautiful and original! STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so pretty and what a beautiful design with the leaves layered over the pine sprig!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did I miss this one??? I had it marked to come back to later, and must have gotten busy. Your inspiration from your team mate has also inspired me to do something different. I love this classy and yet simple card. I have some od those die cuts, a gift from you. Giving this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This turned out fabulous and I've learned a lesson from you about making CAS cards with dies! Love the layers and autumn colors, especially the gold accents!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely beautiful, Kathy! It is much simpler than your usual, but no less gorgeous. I admire any style when it's done so well. I wish I was better at CAS. I dearly love this!

    ReplyDelete