Friday, December 15, 2017

Anything but a Card

I belong to an international group of women called P.E.O. (Philanthropic Educational Organization). Our primary purpose is raising funds to help women with their college educations. This year I was involved in several fund raisers for that cause. One of the fund raisers was making and selling gift card boxes. They also are perfect for candy and jewelry.  I made 200 boxes and the ladies of my group helped decorate them using some ideas that I showed them. We had fishing, golfing, sewing, cooking ,movie, coffee, tea, cowboy,along with traditional Christmas themed boxes. I used dies from several companies including Poppy Stamps and Memory Box. This month the challenge at Poppy Stamps is Anything but a Card so I decided to enter one of my boxes.




I started with the Lawn Fawn Fancy Box in white. I cut another white piece the same size as the top of the box and used pne of the PTI Make Market Mini Holiday Tag Along kit dies to cut the sides of the white panel and then put some blue glitter paper underneath.  A Spellbinder's die cut in glitter paper in the center and  topped with a Poppy Stamp Batavia snowflake.


I started with the Lawn Fawn Fancy Box in white. I cut another white piece the same size as the top of the box and used one of the PTI Make Market Mini Holiday Tag Along kit dies to cut the sides of the white panel and then put some red  glitter paper underneath.  A Poppy Stamps Perfect Pine Needles topped with Spellbinder's poinsettia completes the box.





The second  box uses lots of gold glitter paper, Poppy Stamps  Perfect Pine Needles and Gina Marie Pine Cones. 






Poppystamps - Dies - Perfect Pine Needles

Memory Box - Dies - Batavia Snowflakes

Lawn Fawn - Fancy Box Dies 

Here are some of the others we made at one of our fun workshops.  I had the boxes made and tons of die cuts, decorative papers, stamped sentiments and several samples for them. Some of them just copied my ideas but others found their MOJO and did their own thing.










5 comments:

  1. These are just wonderful, Kathy. You have been talking about them, but until now I wasn't sure exactly what they were. I bet you guys had a ball decorating them, you did all the work for the gals so they could just have a good time putting them together. Thanks for sharing, I am dumb-struck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All are so wonderful and what a fabulous idea to make boxes for a cause that way. You sure put a lot of time and effort into them too I can tell with the wonderful die cuts used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two hundred boxes? I know that we talked a bout that, but a picture is worth a thousand words. This are amazing and so well done. You should be proud of your work. What a great cause and I am also dumb-struck, with Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW! I knew you were doing these, but I guess I didn't know you made ALL of the boxes--OMGoodness, YOU, my dear are a Super Power Crafting Machine! These are gorgeous, I loooove them! All so pretty, but I adore that pine cone one! You are such a good caring generous soul! I am proud to call you my friend! And as always, Merry Merry! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing boxes Kathy, beautiful decorations on each one, wonderful idea.
    Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete