Friday, January 5, 2018

Wonderful Friends

I made some calendar cards for several of my friends as Christmas gifts this year. Because they were bulky and expensive to mail, I hand carried most of them to friends at various events.  When I decided to make these calendar cards, I had five ladies in mind that have been a blessing to me who I knew would appreciate my efforts.  They have mentored me, encouraged me, sent me care packages and answered every question  that I asked. So this week I made a few more calendar cards for four of these ladies. I already sent one in a birthday package. 



I stamped the center of some white cart with a few IO stamps. I made a frame for the sentiment with Sue Wilson's Ornate Oval So Glad You're my Friend. Most of the flowers were made from Cheery Lynn Floral, but I filled in with some purchased flowers I had in my stash.  


Sue Wilson Designs - Ornate Oval - My Friend


Cheery Lynn Designs - Floral Bouquet Kit

I always have a variety of  leaves cut in green and in white so the backgrounds are a variety of leaves from different companies. 





Two of my new favorites are the Frantic Stamper Bird on a Pussy Willow 
Branch and  Memory Box Lavender Bunch

Frantic Stamper - Dies - Bird On Pussywillow BranchMemory Box - Dies - Lavender Bunch


             I will enter this at Scrapy Land Anything Goes Challenge    




Card  Opened
               


10 comments:

  1. OMGoodness! I saw these calendar cards that you made before and was in envy. Seriously! They are just perfect for a craft desk. You can see the whole month in front of you and take notes to make a wish list for new stamps of anything that comes to mind. Not only are they handy, but so beautifully decorated and so very kind of you to make and send off. You need to tell me where you got this inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are simply stunning!!! And I love that there is a post it note pad too. They are so wonderfully thought out, and very special because your style and eye for design shines through. What keepsakes they are, the recipients are sure to cherish them. Lots of work and love has gone into them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just hear the squeals of delight your friends will have when they get these gorgeous calendars. They are just amazing and so well designed. Your work is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are so stunning!! I love the details and the design!! What a creative way to display a calendar!! I love, love it!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how beautiful! I know these will be treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all so beautiful...I just love this idea...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are gorgeous and I bet your friends were thrilled to have them Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! These are gorgeous! I love the fantastic flowers and pretty details~Such a wonderful gift..I am sure they will love them!
    Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at Scrapy Land!
    Sherrie K
    Scrapy Land DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I am so late to the Party! Just getting back my 'sea legs' and making the rounds! These are SPECTACULAR! The flowers are so beautifully crafted, you AMAZE me every time--I don't know why--I KNOW what you can create! The design is PERFECT! You have thought of everything one would need to keep organized and on schedule! You are so thoughtful and kind, you put that all in to each and every unique craft you create! LOVE! LOVE!! LOVE!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just stunned. Thank you for sharing more of these. They're so beautiful! You're so good with your die cut arrangements, and the stamping on the center panel is absolutely lovely, as well.

    ReplyDelete