Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Double D The Moon and the Stars


"Fly me to the moon , and let me play among the stars. 
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars." 
For some reason that song came to mind when I saw this Mood Board. 
These pictures are so much fun. 


Last year I was so behind on Christmas cards that it became a stress to get them done.   I vowed that would not happen this year so when a challenge works for a Christmas card, that is what I am doing. 

I started by sponging a background with a masked moon and then used a stamp for some stars and and the sentiment.  I put the Amy Designs Vintage Village die cut on top. I cut it in black and white and did some fussy cuts to add the black to the die cut.  I also used some gold glitter paper to back the windows of the church and for a few extra stars. 

We would love to see what you have in mind for our Moon and Stars Challenge.  One random participant will win this fun die.   



The team has some fabulous inspiration for you at Double D Challenge Blog.  Go take a peek and then grab some stars and or  a moon supplies and inspire us.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful winter scene and very creative...love that bit of added sparkle behind the windows...very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Kathy, creative and gorgeous card.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful winter scene you have created Kathy and you're one step closer to having your holiday cards created! Lovely job my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful winter scene. I love the beautiful dies used for it too. Adding the gold really dresses it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is stunning!! Wow, Kathy, I love the beautiful scene!! The sparkle is fabulous!! I'm going to add that Amy Designs die to my must have list!! I love, love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Kathy! This is amazing...I can see myself walking down this snowy path with the street lights shining on a moonlit night. Gorgeous snowflake frame too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a knockout design. I am so jealous that you have started your Christmas cards. If you make all of them as intricate as this one, you will not be done in time for Christmas mailing, but you will be so loved by the people that get one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a stunning design Kathy. I love the winter scene with the mixture of colors and dies you have used - beautiful and so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I should heed your warning, but I wont lol This is a true beauty! I love the blue and white and that all of that glittery gold just lights it all up! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That's mostly one die? Those Amy Designs are breathtaking, one and all, but with the sponged scene and little extra touches, this is beyond that. Hooray for getting those Christmas cards done. It will soon be upon us and, try as I might, I'm not even close. Love the song lyrics in the beginning. It paints quite a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so admire you for starting your Christmas cards. I just cannot make myself do it yet...lol. I really love those lamp posts, they set the mood for the whole design. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete