Monday, April 15, 2019

Dies R Us April Showers


April 15th and we have a new challenge for you at Dies R Us.  Just think water, April Showers
(water related ... rain, ocean, umbrella)  I started with a Chepo die that I wanted to use but I did not know what I was going to do with it.  Then I got a post from a friend, Lisa Babitz, that had a cute tutorial with it. So that is where I got the idea for this card.   I make double Z fold cards all the time but never with a pop up, but Lisa"s directions are easy to follow.   



I cut the umbrella die three times in white once in blue and once in checks and did some paper piecing. I added a circle of heavy card stock behind the umbrella to give it more stability. 

I cut the extra raindrops from the umbrella panel and put the under the IO clouds. 







Cheapo Dies - Font - UnicornChepo Unicorn Font

We hope you will join us at Dies R Us for this water related challenge. One random participant will win a gift  card from Dies R Us .






12 comments:

  1. Oh wow! So fun, so interactive! Love all of that decorated landscape. Such a pretty scene of April Showers Bring May Flowers! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest interactive card ever!! I love everything about this cheerful greeting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well how stinkin' cute!!! I love the z-fold look and you have done it perfectly here. The polka dot "sky" is so inspired and those sweet flowers planted along the grassy hill just make me smile. This is so adorable and happy.....thinkin' SPRING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I love all the elements you used to decorate your double z-fold/wiper card! Thanks for the shout out on the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cool interactive card design. I love that cute little scene you did with the dies too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous!! I love the beautiful design and the dies you used!! It's so fabulous, Kathy!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is just magnificent and I love all the beautiful folds. What a great card to send your best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my gosh, this is so cute and clever and fun! That umbrella die is adorable. And those flowers on the rolling green landscape -- love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is April Showers everywhere! Love the fun papers that you used both for design and color. So clever to make the pop up and I am going to take a look at Lisa's idea. She is so clever too. Love the scene that you created to decorate the front.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card! I love all the dies you used!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love your Z fold card, so cute and so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!! This is totally FABULOUS!!! From start to finish, it's just PERFECT! LOVE IT! Sorry I'm so late coming to comment ... between today's Spring Show and granddaughter's upcoming wedding (10 days & counting) I've been kind of going in circles! You did an awesome job on this challenge... thanks!

    ReplyDelete