Friday, December 27, 2019

Memory Box Holiday Card Challenge



This is the my last Christmas card of the year.  I decided to enter it in the Memory Box Holiday Card Challenge. I used the Memory Box large sled, Memory Box snowflakes, Poppy Stamp Merry Christmas and Poppy stamp whispy pines for the card.  

I scored a 5 1/4  by 4 inch card base at 1/2 inch intervals and then stamped it with with a snowflake stamp in Versa Mark ink and white embossing powder. Then I took some Distress Ink pads and used a direct to paper technique to get the wood grained look.  Really quick and simple.

6 comments:

  1. Love this look! Looks like a beautiful sled decoration mounted on the side of an old worn barn. Very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rustic look of the sled and the wooden background. That overlay of the large snowflakes is fantastic! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore this card. I am so partial to die cut sleds, they are so retro and reminiscent of days gone by. Wonderful design here with the snowflakes and the wood background. Heat embossing the snowflakes before creating that distressed wood look is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card with the rustic feel of it and all those wonderful snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I've enjoyed this technique which I learned from you, and now with a new twist to stamp the snowflakes on it. Thank you! Happy new year, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete