Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Double D Anything with Hearts

Anything with Hearts is our new challenge at Double D Challenge Blog.  This mood board by Dar is a perfect inspiration piece. I was drawn to all for pictures, but decided upon the tree with the heart notch.  

    


 I started with some Mintay designer paper and  added the Impression Obsession tree ring and shaded with distress inks. I have this cute heart die with some squirrels from Tutti designs that I thought was a perfect addition to my design. Some dogwood flowers left from another project  completed the design.  Sometimes you have a vision of a card in your mind that does not turn out to be what you wanted and other times it turns out better.  This card is one of those better times for me and I needed that boost to my mojo. 




 
We hope you will link up with us at  Double D Challenge Blog =. The team is always inspired by what YOU create. 



















12 comments:

  1. OMG this is adorable, love those squirrels in the tree trunk with that heart, divine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the cutest card ever, what a fabulous design!! Gotta love that Mintay too , do you know I check every day, yep EVERY dau to see if any new Mintay is out, that is how addicted to it I am, that and P13! Have a great day, hope you getting along better my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this design. So cute with the squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a clever peek into the knothole of this tree. Your card is delightful Kathy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How perfect! Love your heart/tree combo! And your sweet little lovey dovey squirrels, super cute! Beautiful florals as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kathy, you are SO CLEVER! I love your overall designs and would have never through to use this Tutti die in this manner ... PERFECT! And how clever to add the dogwood blossoms ... actually brought back memories of my childhood where we had a lot of dogwood trees in our woods (20+acres) and the squirrels were always jumping about to be seen. THANKS for that ... made my day! Hugs & Health to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely the CUTEST thing, Kathy! I have that IO tree ring... oh, the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable, Kathy! The texture of the tree spoke to me also. I love the squirrels too. And, I seriously love those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you chose the tree design and then embellished it with those cute squirrels. The florals just made it better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your card if delightful love the stamp and die cut so very cut

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kathy:
    I love your take on the inspiration photo by using the wooden heart idea. Super sweet. I'm definitely going to play along, and you've inspired me.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, how stinkin' adorable is this? I love that wood with the heart in the middle. So cute to see the squirrels peeking out, and your dogwood blossoms are perfect here. Really sweet.

    ReplyDelete