Thursday, April 1, 2021

Dies R Us Double Z Fold

 April 1st  and time for another Dies R Us Anything Goes Challenge . I decided to create a spring birthday card. 

I don't know why, but I buy pretty papers and then I look at them and decide they are too pretty to use.  Now I have all these papers taking up valuable space so I decided I needed to start using them.  One of the best ways, in my humble opinion, is  a double Z fold card which allows the papers to take center stage.  What perfect spring colors too. 


       

The papers are several years old.  I bought two sets when PTI had a fabulous sale.  It is time to make some cards from them and let someone enjoy them. As you can see,  I did very little embellishment. A few Poppy Stamps Little Humming Birds and an Impression Obsession Stitched Flower.  I used a little greenery from my stash and I had a completed card. 

We hope you will join us for this challenge at Dies R Us Anything Goes Challenge .  Just remember to use a metal die manufactured by a company that DRU sells. 

13 comments:

  1. Oh my friend this is absolutely Beautiful!!! Well done! You are in my thoughts & prayers ... hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that sale but was sad that I missed it. This card made with the papers is so bright and has the look of spring. It is so amazing that you were able to make this card so that someone else can enjoy the creation. Hugs, to you and prayers always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Kathy! I have those papers too and have been hoarding them as well. I think this being spring, is the perfect time to put them to use. Hugs to you dear Kathy. Happy spring and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I do the SAME thing. I am a patterned paper junky!! Whenever I go into Hobby Lobby or Michael's I have to tell myself to "step away from the paper." You have used that beautiful paper perfectly here. Just the right amount of embellishment to showcase the pretty flowers. Just gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful double Z fold card!! I love patterned paper and need to use it more. You’ve put the gorgeous paper to good use with the wonderful birthday card!! The recipient of this card will be thrilled I’m sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I do the same thing with patterned paper. I don't want to use it up, but I need to. Love your Z fold and the added flower and hummingbird are perfect compliments. Have a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very gorgeous and the colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! The bleeding hearts paper is gorgeous and so is your Z fold card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous Spring card. Love the beautiful papers and the fun fold. Those hummingbirds go so well together with your papers and your beautiful focal flower. Beautifully done.
    I wish you and yours a very Happy Easter.
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Papers on a Gorgeous card! I love how you decorated all of that landscape! Fantastic color combo! So spring like! Been thinking about you! Smooooooch! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy, these papers are beautiful, and making them into a double Z fold card was the perfect way to showcase them. This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully created Z card, you have inspired me to make one soon! Lovely choice of papers too, I have to admit papers are an addiction of mine and I have an over abundance!! A perfect design for
    Spring! I hope things are going a bit smoother for you all and wish you a very Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous papers, Kathy! Mine are running me out of house and home, but I can't seem to stop. Must start using more. You're right about how the z-fold helps use them. How beautiful this is with the paper continuing right on through. Lovely color match with your card stock parts. Those little hummingbirds are darling!

    ReplyDelete