Sunday, August 1, 2021

Dies R US Swan Lake

 

I remember as a young child reading the story of the ugly duckling that turned into a swan... even then I understood  some of the truths the story taught so swans have always been special to me.  When we  were stationed in  Sumter, South Carolina, the home of Swan Lake, I discovered I never got tired of visiting and exploring this beautiful preserve.   The "been there done that" frame of mind never presented itself.  In the scriptures.  Jesus said in my house are there many mansions and I go there to prepare a place for you.... I pray my place will have a Swan Lake nearby that I can visit.  When I saw this Memory Box swan, I knew I had to have it. 


It is a very simple card.  Once again, I cut the deer from the oval and used the die to set the lake scene. I sponged the background to create the clouds and water  then framed it with the oval. To me this card resembles the peace and tranquility that I got each time I visited Swan Lake.  

                                       

We hope you will join us for the Anything Goes Challenge at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. The only requirement is to use  at least  1 metal die  of any brand that DRU sells in the store to  qualify for the prize... and please tell us the die company you have used in your project.We are looking forward to your entries. 










w

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Post, beautiful card! Love that you cropped that frame to use for your Swan Lake card, clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creation with special memories. I am so glad that you shared that memory with us. A divine post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful and what a great way to share your memories of a special place with others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a serene scene (say that 5 times fast...lol). I love the oval frame, and the swan is just beautiful. I love that scripture, it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scene Kathy and a great post, such a pretty and peaceful card!! A few weeks back at our lake house we had 12 swans go floating by, no little ones though but it was a site to see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely scene with the gorgeous swan! And, love the delicate oval frame! A wonderful way to share your memory, how beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never grow tired of the beauty and wonder of nature... or that of a beautiful card like this. Thank you for a lovely visit today, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful scene with that die. So peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, that swan is beautiful! This card is very peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved reading your post. Your card is beautiful and I hope you will have a house with a swan lake close by. Then I can come visit you :-) So peaceful watching swans swim around a lake. They're so majestic and graceeful!
    Have a great day and stay safe and healthy.
    Hugs,
    ♥Lena
    Lena’s Creations
    ful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Kathy! What a wonderful post to go along with your sweet card. I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised at the beauty of what awaits us when we leave this earth to go to our eternal home.

    ReplyDelete