Thursday, September 1, 2016

Dies R Us Summer Vacation

The new challenge at Dies R Us is all about summer vacations. So many of my friends and relatives love the beach so I have quite a few images and dies that focus on this theme. I decided to try a double display fancy fold cut for this card. When folded it makes a gate fold card. 




 I started by making the card base and then layering it with black and then some wood  grained panels. I used my score board and smoked hickory distress ink to get this weathered wood look. I then began to fill my panels with beach related objects. I stamped the beach scene from Our Daily Bread in black and white and also in colors. I used the black and white on the outside of the card and the colored for the inside.  Then I cut several IO dies and Cheery Lynn Fun in the Sun dies to add to the card. A list of dies I used are at the bottom of the card. This is a time consuming project, but I have a friend in mind who will love it and appreciate the time it took to make. 






                                                                                         click below for:
                                                                        STORE
                                                               CHALLENGE BLOG
                                                                   FACEBOOK
                                                            INSPIRATION BLOG

10 comments:

  1. Oh My Word....and Be Still My Heart! lol This is just FANTASTIC in everyway! Loving your wood grain background, makes a for a perfect backdrop for all of the summery dies. Love the Adirondack chairs, so fun and comfy! It's incredible, I can actually feel the cool ocean breeze from here....oh my windows are open lol I ADORE this creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this one...so much fun. I love how this came together...turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this one...so much fun. I love how this came together...turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much going on here, and so much inspiration. I love all the elements, and look at you doing some stamping and sponging. This is just awesome, it gives such a beach-y flavor. What a work of art here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, this card is amazing! There are so many fabulous details to see and I love the fold that you used. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! This is so amazingly done. I love all the details of your little cabin scene. This really looks so realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I want to live in your card!! This is spectacular, Kathy!! I love the dies you used and the fabulous fold!! The scene is so beautiful!! Seriously, I want to be sitting in that chair gazing at the ocean right now!! Love, love this!! It makes me happy to look at!! Happy September!! Have a great day my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my! Your card is just ah-mazing, Karen! Love all the beach details and wonderful design! I could stare at it for hours...love it...well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a masterpiece you have created here Kathy. So many beautiful elements added here for your truly stunning scene. Wouldn't we all love to be by the sea.

    ReplyDelete