Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Down on the Farm

I am so happy that my good friend and personal cheerleader,Donna Pheland, has joined the  Double D design team. Donna encouraged me when I first started making cards and has continued to encourage me and inspire me with her fabulous designs. But now, on to the challenge. Look at this fun-filled mood board that Diane put together for us. 



                                                           
This mood board transports me back several years to when we lived on a farm. We had the barn, the livestock, the vegetables and the flowers, but I confess I dried my clothes in a drier. I was also excited when  I saw this mood board that Diane created.  I thought,YES, I have another excuse to use my barn die. I shared on a post some time ago that I made my husband a very expensive birthday card because I bought four die sets to complete his card. He loves anything that has to do with a barn cows, farming etc, and Karen Burniston had the perfect pop-up dies for his card. I only used two of die sets for this card, but at least I am getting some use from them. For my card, I chose the barn with the sunflowers from the Mood Board.



Papertrey Ink - Cover Plate: In the Woods DieI started with a PTI In the Woods cover plate die cut and colored the leaves and branches. I backed it with a piece of card that I had sponged with dessert sand and summer sky Memento inks 
*NEW - Elizabeth Craft Designs - Dies - Pop-It-Ups - Barn Pop StandI cut and assembled the barn and glued it to the sponged piece and then placed the tree die cut on top. I added some haystacks and pitch fork in front of the barn. Both of these dies are available at Dies R Us

          *NEW - Elizabeth Craft Designs - Dies - Hay There Pop Stand



 The sun flowers are from Melanie Muenchinger's Stately Flowers 5 which is available at Gina K Designs.  I colored them with Spectrum Noir markers and then fussy cut them. 

Now it is time to think about life on a farm and check out the brilliant inspiration from the design team at Double D Challenge Blog. The designers are looking forward to your "Down on the Farm" creations.



13 comments:

  1. Love, love your card Kathy and that fabulous barn die (I have it too but have never used it)...and those gorgeous sunflowers make for a FABULOUS 'down on the farm' card! I understand about how expensive one card can get with all we put into them, I call then my million dollar cards..lol!! Wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Kathy, love the barn and the real country feel to it.xx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kathy this is just AWESOME! I too grew up on a small farm and your depiction is perfect! The red barn (which ours is now blue ... Dad's gone so mom had it painted to match the house, lol) the stack of hay and of course the sunflowers. When my daughter was about 4 years old ... my dad had a sunflower that grew so tall and so thick stemmed that he put a ladder on it and had my daughter climb to the top for a picture! OMG! Only my dad could grow something hefty enough to hold a 4 year old and not topple over! LOL Thanks for wonderful childhood memories just by looking at your beautifully put together creation Kathy! Have a fabulous day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I adore this card. You have captured the essence of a barn yard perfectly, right down to the pitch fork and hay. And that barn is to die for (no pun....lol) Also love how you have used the cover plate to give the feeling of looking through trees into the barn yard. Just a wonderful card, and the sun flowers are just the perfect final touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful and fabulous card design. I just love farm scenes that have barns and sunflowers in them. This is gorgeous and the coloring of the sunflowers is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kathy you sure have nailed this challenge with everything farm (barn sorry) related here. Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Wow! This is stunning! I love the scene and those sunflowers are so beautiful! Yep, I could move into this farm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Kathy! This morning I've been visiting all the team's cards and reading the stories and, oh, my gosh, has it ever been fun and brought back so many memories! I had a few wonderful years on a farm in southwest Missouri and they were some of my best years. What awesome dies you used on this, and those sunflowers in the foreground are fantastic! When my friend and I went to our first SU! party she spent $117 just to make one snowman card. I'll never forget that. She'd never stamped before and had no supplies whatsoever. Funny thing is, she didn't continue to stamp much after that and then gave it up entirely. She was actually pretty good at it, but some people get hooked (like me) and some don't. I just love everything about your card! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous, Kathy!! I love the barn!! The hay bales are a perfect touch!! The Woods die is now on my must-have list!! The sunflowers are so beautiful!! What a perfect interpretation of the inspiration photos!! Love this my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I LOVE this card! That PTI cover die is gorgeous! Love that barn and those sunflowers look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card Kathy! The dies are beautiful and the sunflowers the perfect touch to your card, Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card Kathy! The dies are beautiful and the sunflowers the perfect touch to your card, Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic design! I love the scene, the barn, tree, and hay....but I adore how those gorgeous sunflowers POP right out at me! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete