Sunday, September 11, 2016

Yavonne's Birthday Box Lid


                                       



My BFF had her 60th Birthday this week and I wanted to make a special card for her so  I made  a version of a card that I made for another great friend, Barb Campbell. Yvonne's card is purple and I used a few different dies to get a garden feel because she loves to garden.                    

                                        
  Unfortunately, these cards do not fit in an envelope so I made a white box for her card.  I was going to put some ribbon around the box to dress it up a bit. Here's the card in the plain white box.                  

                                               

 I had some time this afternoon before she arrived for dinner so  I decided to dress up the box a bit. I pulled out some pretty designer paper for the top and layered that on black. I looked at the clock and I still had some time and then I remembered that the Cheery Lynn Challenge was to use lace so I decided to add a panel with some gathered lace and top that with a Cheery Lynn Burlap pattern die. Then I went to my scrap box to see what other goodies would look nice on the box top: a flower, some leaves, some ribbon, a musical stave, a butterfly ....   In other words, the box top was  an after thought that just sorta evolved. All the embellishments that made up this design were already cut and awaiting a project.

I think the box turned out as pretty as the card. Love having things around that help bring a project together.





Some of the dies I used are Cheery Lynn Birthday, Hugs, and burlap; Memory Box Choloe and Elsa butterfly, and Sizzix heart. Amy Musical Stave.
The flower is Heartfelt Arianna Blooms that is stamped,embossed with Wow white embossing powder and then sponged and  cut with the matching dies. I used some prills in the center.

I will enter this in the following challenges
Simon Monday Stamp it Challenge
Simon Wednesday Challenge Stamp It
Scrapy Land Anything goes
Cheery Lynn Lace Challenge
Wow Embossing Powder anything goes


16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and BOX! Wow, what a nice gift, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and BOX! Wow, what a nice gift, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is stunning, Kathy!! It truly is a garden on a card!! I love the flowers and dies you used!! This is so gorgeous!! Your friend will treasure it!! Thank you for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it's beautiful and your friend is sure to treasure this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can say this because I was a receipent of one of these cards that Kathy creates. It is not just a card, but a beautiful.and fabulous work of art that Kathy, and only Kathy, can do. She has a way with the papers and dies that she uses on her gifts. They are something to be displayed where they can me seen by others. You can see by this beauty, that there are no words to discribe how stunning they are. I am so lucky to know you have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is absolutely gorgeous...what details and beautiful colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my goodness! The card is a masterpiece. Beautifully designed and so interesting to open and WOW over! And as if that wasn't enough you made an amazing box for it, too. Love how it evolved with all those bits and pieces. They're all just gorgeous together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy I remember when I saw Barb's card I was gob smacked at the beauty of it and now you have done it again. You really have such a special talent. No doubt this card will be treasured made with love by a special friend. That box is just the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow this is totally amazing I love every inch of your beautiful art work....your friend will treasure this forever I am sure of that. Thank you so much for joining us at the Cheery Lynn Designs blog and good luck hugs Amy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So absolutely stunning. I love making cards to fit in boxes and don't do it often enough. Just the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.....truly. Your friend will love and treasure it. You are a true and glorious paper artist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! I love the garden theme on your beautiful card! The folds are amazing and the box lid is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Both the card and box are gorgeous! I can't believe you created the box as an afterthought. Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a lovely card and a great addition to our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Cheery Lynn Designs. Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining us at SCRAPY LAND Challenges blog and good luck !
    Maryvonne DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an exquisite card! Beautiful elements and layering. :) Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous background! Love the layers you topped it with too! The lace, the butterfly, the heart, the flowers, the musical notes.....and then you open it WOW! This is AHMAZING!!! Beautifully crafted with love for sure! WOW!

    ReplyDelete