Friday, September 15, 2017

Fancy Corners


Another challenge at Dies R Us Challenge Blog starts today. This time we are challenging you to use fancy corners. Just because it is a corner does not mean you have to put it in the corner or a rectangle or square. How about in the corner of a circle or oval like I have done here?





I started my card with some paper that is lilac with green mixed in. I stamped that in versa mark with an IO script stamp and embossed with gold embossing powder. 



I cut the Frantic Stamper Elemental Ovals from white and lilac. When I bought the die it was wired together, and since I have several oval dies, I decided to leave this wired together so every time I cut it I get the fancy frame and several oval frames in different sizes that can be used on other projects.
I used the largest lilac oval and glued the corner flower die to the back and trimmed the excess. 
I used some velum behind the the fancy part of white die cut frame then I placed the lilac oval in the center. A Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle framed the piece. As an after thought, I decides the largest flowers needed some velum. Wish I would have thought about that before I put it together.  I also inlaid  a few pieces of the lilac in the white frame and added a few pearls. The frame was placed on a  white A2 card base.  






The team has some fabulous fancy frames to show off over at Dies R Us Challenge Blog.



Click below for:

13 comments:

  1. Stunning card Kathy....I love, love the soft look the vellum gives the flowers, at first I thought they were embossed until I read your post...totally gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kathy this is just gorgeous! LOVE the softness of the color and design! Awesome inspiration ... thanks so much! Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is stunning, Kathy!! I love the dies you used!! The vellum behind the flowers is a fabulous touch!! Elegant and gorgeous!! I love it!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always inspire me and I am so motivated after seeing your creations. When you make a card, and I have the same dies, I what to channel you and make one just like it. That is what I think about this one. I love everything about this card. From the beautiful background paper that you added gold scrip. to the corner flower used in the oval.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card with lovely dies! Just love those pretty vellum flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a beautiful card and I love that corner die you used as well as the oval die. Both are so delicate looking. I love the flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, this is so beautiful. I'm with Barb, I always want to CASE your creations after seeing them. The thing that strikes me about this one is the fussy cut vellum flowers behind the oval. It's just so stunning and effective! LOVE what you have done with that background frame die too. Simply fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so gorgeous! I want everything you used! Love how you filled in little parts of the oval frame. That's just one of those little things, but every detail of your card is amazing. The flowers in vellum are beautiful and I never would have guessed it was a corner die. Very versatile and very clever of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! the vellum gives such a soft and pretty look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! So delicate. So lovely. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will have to re-think how I use my corner dies from now on! Seeing how you used yours in an oval really impressed me! LOVE the final look of it! It's drop dead gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What can I say but how's EXQUISITE! Beautiful in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kathy this is gorgeous!!!! I immediately fell in love when I saw your card! Just so beautiful with the vellum, the embossing.. the gorgeous soft lavender color. Beautiful!!!!
    Hugs,
    Jo- dt sis
    xox

    ReplyDelete