Friday, May 18, 2018

Hurricane Candle






It is always such an honor to be asked to guest design so I am excited that I  have been invited to be a guest designer at the CROPSTOP.  I love candles. There is something romantic and serene about them. So when I saw the Elizabeth Craft Hurricane candle,  I had to have it.
Image result for elizabeth Craft hurricane candle

 The front of the package for this hurricane candle pairs it with some pine boughs and a poinsettia so I think the idea was to use it for a Christmas card.  It is too pretty to use just for Christmas so I created a spring time card that could be used for many different occasions.



                                       

Here are the directions.
1.       Cut a card base 4 ¼ by 5 ½.
2.        Use another piece of card stock a little larger and cut it with the Memory Box Blooming Floral            Frame.
3.       Adhere to the card base.
4.       Cut the hurricane two times from vellum
5.       Cut the candle three times from card stock and glue together to give it some dimension.
6.       Glue candle to one piece of the vellum
7.       Glue the second vellum hurricane on top using Ailene’s tacky glue at the bottom part of the       hurricane  where the flowers will cover the glue. 
8.       Cut and shape Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blossom and put some Prills in the center.
9.       Tuck some Elizabeth Craft ferns behind the flowers.

I       I sent this as a Birthday card to my favorite SIL.


















8 comments:

  1. Oh congratulations! How FUN! Great little site! I love how you cut the hurricanes from Vellum....soooo perfect! Your blossoms are so pretty, especially with the prills in the centers! Love this, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your GD spot!! This is so stunning!! The hurricane candle looks amazing!! I love that you turned it into a springtime candle instead of Christmas!! The flowers are gorgeous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you were able to guest design for Cropstop this week, Kathy! I absolutely LOVE the elegant card you created with the hurricane candle and beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations my friend on the Guest Designer spot. Your card is just so different, I can see shy you love the hurricane candle die. Adding the spring flowers was a very grand effect. This is a dreamy card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! And, your card is so gorgeous! I just love how you made it perfect for Spring or Summer too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your GD spot and what a fabulous card! So unique and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the GD...LOVE your beautiful candle, it looks as though it IS glowing..awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use candles all year, so why not? Gosh, it's pretty with the yellow flowers and ferns. Beautiful idea to use the vellum. Congratulations on your guest spot! It is an honor.

    ReplyDelete