Friday, May 25, 2018

Notebook

I am guest designing again at the CROPSHOP so I made a note book for a friend of mine. I love making these little notebooks for family and friends.  They are great next to the computer, the phone or in a purse.  There a several online tutorials like this ONE  on how to make a version of this with post it notes.. If you want to use the larger  paper packs from the Dollar Store like this one, the measurements are a piece of card stock 5 ½  by 9 ½  scored at 4,4 ½ and 5.



The top panel was created using these steps.
1.       Cut a 51/2 by 4-inch piece of white card stock.
2.       Emboss it with the Cuttlebug Swiss dot embossing folder.
3.       Frame that with largest Frantic Stamper Fancy Frames 1.
4.       The center oval was made by using several Sue Wilson dies: Ornate Oval Just for You, Montreal, and Toronto.  The great thing about Sue’s designs is that many of them are interchangeable.
5.       To finish the bottom, I used Elizabeth Craft’s Dogwood 2 and Ostrich Fern.  Prills finished the       centers of the flowers.
6.       The little hummingbirds are from Poppy Stamps.





8 comments:

  1. You sure have been busy! What an exquisite notebook, but with a touch of sweetness. Sooooo pretty! I've made a couple of these for my writing desk, but that was before the days of dies. Can you believe there ever was such a time? What a difference they make! What a nice gift this makes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I LOVE this beautiful notebook you've created! It has everything I like best - flowers, elegant lace die cuts, and script sentiments! Thanks so much for guest designing on Cropstop - you did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous, Kathy!! I love the beautiful notebook!! The dies you used are fabulous and the hummingbirds are beautiful!! Love it!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Yes, these are so handy, how many things have I written down on a receipt or napkin?!?! LOL I love that you include a pen too. Your flowers are so fabulous, they're always so delicate! Love the greenery and your bird accents too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome. Not only is it beautiful, but it's useful as well. I love making things other than cards, you have inspired me here. Your colors are so soft and pretty here, and as always, your flowers are beyond gorgeous. Wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fantastic and so beautiful the way you made them. I like that there is a pen with the notepad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful and what a great gift idea...i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the post it note one that you made for me in my purse and the one with the calendar right by my computer. I see it every day and I am reminded of what a fabulous crafter and friend that you are. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete