Friday, June 15, 2018

Dies R Us Summer Fun

A new challenge starts today at Dies R Us called Summertime Fun. What reminds you of a fun summer day?





When I think of summer time, two pictures immediately pop into my head. One is the beach and playing in the sand and another is time spent on our pontoon boat at Whiskytown Lake. For today's card, I decided on the beach. It has been a while since I have done a fancy fold card so I picked one of my favorites, the double display fold, and started my card. Lots of real estate and fussy cutting on this card.



I started by cutting a piece of white card for the center scene and sponging it to create my sky sea and beach. I added the elements from  Sue Wilson Island Paradise


Some IO beach and shells dies were added to the small inside panels and a rope die was used on the taller side panels.







The Cheery Lynn Summer Fun die was cut several times from sandpaper, different colors of glitter paper, and white for a base.  I fussy cut the elements and glued them to the white base. I put that on top of another sponged sea scene which was backed with an old Spellbinder's die.  It is nice to give some older dies some love again.






Summer is Fun with so many activities.  The DRU Team has some fabulous inspiration for you and if you link up, you will have a chance  to win a a gift certificate to the DRU STORE .

Cheery Lynn Designs - Summer FunCheery Lynn Summer Fun

Sue Wilson Designs - Tropical Collection - Island ParadiseSue Wilson Island Paradise




Impression Obsession - Dies - Mini Beach Fun SetImpression Obsession Mini Beach Fun

Impression Obsession - Dies - Mini Shell SetObsession--Dies--Mini-Shell-Set

14 comments:

  1. Brilliant theme and awesome dies used on this fab card.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo summery! Soooo FUN! What a great fold, and you have 'decorated' it so perfectly! If that's you under the palm trees (my favorite) swinging in that hammock, I will bring you a very cold beverage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card this is with all the awesome details and dies you have used...the perfect summertime card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this is AWESOME!!! What a fabulous design! YOU GO GIRL!!! This screams summertime ... what a fun card! WELL DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is spectacular! And love the folds, each one with something new & delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, how stinkin' cute! I wanna be there RIGHT NOW!!!. So creative, I don't see how you put all those elements together and it all comes out perfectly. That Summer Fun die set is really, really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and you have such fun summer designs to work with. This is a great scene and so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, I love it!! The beachy details are perfect!! I love the fold, too!! Beach-themed cards are my fav and I absolutely love this one!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many cute beachy dies and you made them look like fantastic summer fun! Wonderfully crafted card, Kathy! We'll be at a high desert lake all next week and I'm hoping we'll be able to rent one of their pontoon boats for a day. They get booked up pretty fast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a WOW card! I love the fold and how it showcases all the dies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun and fabulous card! I may CASe this for my group!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, this is a great way to get all of the things on a card that remind you of Summer Fun. I have been making summer fun with my grand kids these first weeks of summer vacation. I think that this week, we may sit down and make something along this theme. Lol Grandma is tired.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, this is totally adorable! You've used some incredibly great dies that all seem to work seamlessly together. I just added the SW Palm trees and the IO sand castle to my wish list. I feel a shopping spree coming on soon! ;0) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an wonderful and unique fun folded summer card! I love the scene you've created with all of those great dies, and the colors are so refreshing and cool! NJ!

    ReplyDelete