Thursday, April 25, 2019

Poppy Stamps Blooming Garden

I had a few minutes to play and decided to make a card for the Poppy Stamps Challenge Blooming Garden. Again many of the card parts were on my desk from other projects.  I learned from Jennifer McGuire that you never bring out a medium for a background and just make one. She creates many more than I ever do, but while I have certain colors I am working with I make several and put them in a background container for future use.




 I cut the Sylvan Sprig Poppy stamp die and then went to my flower stash for a flower. This one was made from a Cheery Lynn daisy strip.  The sentiment dies were still on my desk from a card I did earlier. I liked the combination so I used it again. The Happy is from Karen Burniston and the Birthday is Sue Wilson.  I love frames and have several. I love mixing them together. I used an IO frame on the outside and a Frantic Stamper on the inside frame for this design. 

9 comments:

  1. Lovely and sweet card! The flower with sprigs looks so beautiful on that frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so gorgeous!! The background colors are beautiful!! I love the pretty daisy and leaves!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous and I love the mixed frames look with those pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simpleeee lovely Kathy. Gorgeous soft background for that lovely floral spray. Super dies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is as pretty as your cards always are, Kathy! Beautiful background and I LOVE the lattice frame. All things lattice are a hit with me. Interesting to read your words that give me a picture of your stamping habits. I also have a background container (small drawer). Since I finally bought oxide inks I play and make a bunch whenever I have them out. I really like the look of this one you made. The happy birthday looks like the two dies were meant for each other. I don't have a flower container. Hmmm... maybe I should. Your daisy-like flower is so delicately pretty and sure coordinates nicely with your background. Finally, the Sylvan Sprig is one of my all time favorite dies. You probably have a few go to favorites, too. Fun to read your post today and see your gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, so pretty and simple. Beautiful soft colors, and I adore that lattice border - PERFECT for this design. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love the use of the lattice border and I can even copy you are I have one. The soft colors of this card make it so attractive and anyone would be happy to have received it from you. I recently began using up some of the dies and backgrounds that have accumulated. Not sure how that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blooming Beautiful! Perfect frame, perfect background, perfect blossom, perfect design! Perfection all over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Elegant! That flower is out of this world!

    ReplyDelete